Key activities at the ICAN-6 workshop will include:
- exploring the opportunities for ICAN in an IODE context and how to build synergies with other IOC projects;
- discussion of coastal atlas training needs and how ICAN members can contribute;
- Atlas Stories – presentations from Atlas developers and users from North and South American Pacific coasts and beyond
- an Atlas Showcase providing an opportunity for atlas developers to present their atlases
- a small “workshop within a workshop” for atlas technical developers on how to become a new node in the ICAN interoperability demonstrator, version 3.
- a small “workshop within a workshop” focusing on Volunteered Geographical Information (VGI) and its implications for coastal atlases
- development of an ICAN work plan for the period 2013-2015